Hair removal is an ancient practice that has been around for centuries. In the past, hair removal was not a necessity and people would remove it because they wanted to look clean or fashionable.
Today, however, it is more of a necessity than ever before. Our society has gone from being mostly covered up to showing off our skin in any way possible!
With all this exposure comes the need for hair removal products like waxing.
Waxing removes unwanted hair from your body by melting the keratin protein found in both human and animal hairs with heat from either natural or artificial sources (depending on what type of wax you purchase).
There are many benefits to using waxing as opposed to other methods of removing hair such as shaving, tweezing, or using depilatories.
Modern techniques like waxing are not only as effective, but they’re gentler on the skin. Waxing is a lot more popular than other methods of hair removal because it doesn’t cause any pain or irritation to sensitive areas and gives you a little time before your next one. There’s no fear of ingrown hairs with this technique either.
The type of waxing is usually done on a section at a time, rather than the whole body. The first step in any kind of waxing procedure is to apply and remove strips of paper or cloth that will protect your skin from being irritated by the hot wax while it’s applied. After this, you’ll want to add some wax to a disposable wooden or silicone spatula.
Then you’ll apply the wax in the direction of hair growth and use quick, up-and-down motions with your fingers to spread it evenly across the area that needs treatment. After this is done, wait until it cools and hardens before ripping off in one swift motion against the grain type of waxing is usually done on a section at a time, rather than the whole body.
– After the wax has been removed, you’ll want to use a cool cloth or spray of water on the skin. This will help soothe any irritation that might have occurred during hair removal. Afterward, if the skin feels dry and tight, apply lotion for moisturizing purposes.
A good after-treatment product is also aloe vera It has vitamin C and, which can help to repair skin cells.
– Johnson’s Baby Shampoo
– Vitamin E Oil
– Leighton Denny Sugar Scrub Cleanser
– Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion **NEW FROM JANUARY 2017! This is a luxurious shower lotion that can be used on wet or dry skin. It smells amazing and leaves
– If you are waxing for the first time, we advise against getting a Brazilian because it is more difficult and might not turn out as well as expected. Make sure that you have some experience with wax before attempting this style of hair removal.
– Start with a clean and dry area. It helps the wax adhere better if you put on some baby powder beforehand.
– If doing your legs or underarms, don’t try to rush it by pulling the leg up at an angle because this will cause too much tension in one place which can pull the skin up
– Put one hand on the wax strip and hold it at an angle. Use your other hand to pull hair away from the area you are about to apply the wax strip, making sure that all of them are in contact with the sticky side as this will ensure there is less pain during removal.
– Apply the strip to one area at a time, hold it in place for about ten seconds and then pull off quickly.
-If you find that this is too difficult, try bending your knees or moving the skin away from where the wax strip will be applied so there’s less tension when removing it
– You might want to trust an experienced professional for the full waxing treatment: eyebrows, underarms, and bikini line. To avoid any mishaps or accidents, it’s best not o go it alone.
– It’s also a good idea to avoid exfoliation for two days before waxing, as too much can irritate the skin and make it more susceptible to infection. You want your hair follicles to be at their most receptive state when you’re getting waxed: not covered in dead skin cells or any other environmental debris.
– Waxing is a form of hair removal that has been around for centuries. It’s really not much more than applying hot wax to the skin and then pulling it off quickly, but there are some tricks that can make it easier
– Start by making sure you have enough wax at an appropriate temperature so it will stick properly onto the hairs. Too cold and it will not adhere, too hot and you risk burning the skin.
– Apply a layer of wax to one section of hair at a time – for example, arms or legs. To keep from getting burnt by the hot wax while pulling off the strip, use your hand to shield this area during the removal
– It is absolutely imperative that you use a clean cloth or paper towel for removing this residue from your skin – too little, and there might be clumps of hair left behind; too rough, and you risk irritating the delicate area.
– Waxing is a great way to remove hair, but there are some precautions you should take.
– Waxing is a lot less painful than shaving, and it’s perfect for those who are prone to ingrown hairs or razor bumps from trying to remove hair with blades.
– It might not be the cheapest way of removing hair, but you’ll save money in the long run by waxing instead of using cheaper hair removal creams or lotions.
– Waxing will also leave your skin smoother and less irritated than shaving, which is especially desirable for sensitive areas like the bikini line.
– If you’re someone who needs to clean up their facial hair before a job interview, waxing can be a quick solution that’s not as time-consuming as shaving.
Check our Google My Business page.
Rijhma Beauty Lab Home